POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : voronoi cell : Re: voronoi cell Server Time
29 Apr 2024 02:28:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: voronoi cell
From: clipka
Date: 11 Feb 2019 13:09:04
Message: <5c61ba40@news.povray.org>
Am 11.02.2019 um 11:10 schrieb ingo:
> For creating a voronoi cell we need nearest neighbours. The simplest way
> to create those is with creating random points on a sphere.

Note that limiting your neighbor points to a sphere surface will create
a special case of voronoi cell, in which all surfaces are touching an
inscribed sphere.

For a more generalized case, use random points _in_ a sphere.

(Also, simply using radom points comes with a non-zero probability that
the cell will be "open" because all neighbors happen to occupy the same
hemisphere.)